On behalf of the School of Education and UNESCO RILA and CR&DALL we are delighted to invite you to participate in the next conference of the European Society for Research on the Education of Adults (ESREA) Migration, Transnationalism and Racisms Network, which will take place 22-24 April 2020, at the University of Glasgow. Featured below and attached, you will find the call for papers – abstracts should be submitted by 15 November 2019.
The theme of the 2020 ESREA Migration, Transnationalism and Racisms Network Conference is: Contextualizing Racism and Migration: Time, Place and Generational Perspectives in Anti-Racist Praxis.
We invite contributions exploring, but not necessarily limited to, the following thematic clusters:
- Understanding commonalities and specificities of racism and right-wing populism between countries and regions;
- Migration and integration policies, their implementation, understanding and societal reactions;
- Diversity of experiences among those affected;
- Anti-racist civil society in action;
- Research on adult education/learning and the study of racism and anti-racism.
Here are the links to the Conference and ESREA network:
For more information on the Conference, please visit: https://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/education/esrea2020/
For more information on the ESREA, please visit: https://www.esrea.org/networks/migration-transnationalism-and-racisms/
Please feel free to share the call with other colleagues/PhD students who might be interested.
The Conference is co-funded by the School of Education research teaching groups: Culture, Literacies, Inclusion and Pedagogy as well as People, Place and Social Change.
Srabani Maitra, Bonnie Slade, Lauren Roberts, Giovanna Fassetta, Bella Hoogeveen