The Management Group of Learning Cities is currently planning a Virtual Festival for 1-2 July 2020.
Below are some guidelines and examples of how we think the Virtual Festival might look, this is not an exhaustive list but the start of a learning curve (a deep one I would imagine!).
What type of activities can a Virtual Festival Offer?
The format of presentations/activities can be any of the following:
- Online interactive information sessions (maximum sessions 20 mins)
- Live presentations /broadcasts via zoom/youtube channel facebook streaming (maximum 20mins)
- Short films (8-10 mins)
- Pre-recorded events/activities (10 mins max)
- Debates/Discussions (20 mins)
- Info sessions (10 mins)
- Live Chats (20 mins)
Research on other virtual festivals has found that brief interactive sessions work best. Interactive sessions are best as people can get involved and are not just passively “listening” so for example here are some things we think would work:
- Fixing a puncture/brakes
- Learning to knit/crochet/sew
- Cooking – simple recipe of bread/scones
- Learn how to grow your own food
- Learning the basics of a new language
- How to do cool things on your smartphone
- Learning Sign Language
- How to use Twitter/Facebook /Instagram
- Shop online
- Create an email address
- Teach your dog simple tricks
- Physics/Chemistry Experiments
Not an exhaustive list and we are open to suggestions!
Please note these are just suggestions/guidelines if you think you have a great idea for the event but think you need more time we are flexible and happy to discuss further.
If your organisation or you as an individual feel you could contribute content to the festival please complete the form below and return to: email@example.com
If you have any queries/suggestions please do get in touch: Michele.firstname.lastname@example.org
As time is of the essence we would be very grateful if you could return your completed forms by Friday 5th June email@example.com