We kindly invite you to participate at the international conference 'Perspectives on Community Practices – Living and Learning in Community' that will be held from 18th to 20th of June 2015 in Ljubljana, Faculty of Arts.
Conference participants will address and discuss the following subtopics:
- Interlacing of learning, social, cultural, art and other community practices in urban and rural communities; case studies from learning community practices;
- Inequalities in communities and the role of learning activities;
- The role of public, private and social space as a sphere of learning in community;
- The role of (adult) educators and (adult) education in fostering community learning;
- Interdisciplinary approaches to community learning theory and practice;
- The importance of local initiatives in globalized european political space;
- The search of connections between social/educational institutions and civic initiatives.
Papers from the field of adult education and interdisciplinary fields, dealing with community learning, are welcome. The conference language is English.
The Eight International Conference of the ESREA Network
Between Global and Local:
Adult Learning and Development
FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS
PERSPECTIVES ON COMMUNITY PRACTICES – LIVING AND LEARNING IN COMMUNITY
Thursday, 18th - Saturday, 20th of June 2015
Faculty of Arts
University of Ljubljana
Further information on the conference:
Papers from the field of adult education and interdisciplinary fields, dealing with community learning, are welcome.
The conference language is English.
Deadline for abstract submission: 1st of February 2015;
For any possible queries contact:
Sabina Jelenc Krašovec (firstname.lastname@example.org) or
Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana,
Dept. of Educational Sciences