This briefing will give you an in-depth look at the steps being taken to tackle poverty and develop income equality across Scotland. Benefit from informed debate and discussion and take advantage of a platform to learn and to share best practice solutions for delivering a socially inclusive Scotland.
Scotland needs innovative and imaginative solutions to tackle social exclusion and inequality. According to statistics, around 840,000 individuals – 17% of Scotland's population - are affected by relative poverty. By attending this event, you can become part of that solution.
Key topics include:
- The Impact of the Welfare Reforms on Reducing Poverty and Creating Income Equality
- Reducing Child Poverty: Supporting Lone Parents to Achieve Income Equality, A Gendered Perspective
- Improving Family Support and Employability: Edinburgh City Council
- Panel Discussion: Tackling Poverty and Income Inequality
- John Dickie, Head of Child Poverty Action Group Scotland
- Dr John McKendrick, Editor of Poverty in Scotland 2014: the Independence Referendum and Beyond
- Michael McMahon MSP, Convenor, Welfare Reform Committee, Scottish Parliament
- Satwat Rehman, Director, One Parent Families Scotland
- Claire Telfer, Head of Policy and Campaigns, Save the Children Scotland
We are currently offering £100 off standard delegate rates with Promo Code 2RPS3010.
*Bring a colleague for an additional £75 +VAT*
Reduced delegate rates end 5pm Thursday, 30th October.