The current state of social engagement, public and private, in our society, requires urgent attention. An observation of the discourse around us results in three apparent issues. First, it is easy to see our dialogue as divisive wherein the voicing of personal opinions is seen as an attack rather than an opportunity for debate or dialogue. Second, the expression of differing values creates enemies of the “right” and “wrong” person rather than opportunities for mutual respect. Third, and perhaps the most important, is the general lack of discourse itself.
Additionally, there can be many factors that have contributed to the decline in the nature of discourse in our lives and our society such as our deep perceptions of what is right and wrong with others’ religion, politics, economic philosophy, and other ideologies. The question becomes, how can we avoid this and improve discourse through adult education?
The answer to this can be found in the answers of several questions. What is important for adult educators to “do” in the various adult education contexts, such communities of practice, the workplace, academia, and social media, that creates opportunities for improved discourse? How can those lessons be transferred into the community? How can adult education theories and practices be harnessed into a guiding force for constructive dialogue and mutual respect? How can adult education give a voice to the voiceless who have ceased engaging in discourse for fear of marginalization?
- December 18, 2019: AAACE and CPAE Co-Conference Call for Proposals opens
- January/February 2020: CDLT and CIAE Pre-Conference Call for Proposals opens
- May 13, 2020, 11:59pm EDT: All Calls for Proposals close
- June 1, 2020: Conference Registration Opens
- June 26, 2020: AAACE, CPAE, and CDLT Acceptances announced
- June 2020: CIAE Acceptances announced
- July 31, 2020: Early Bird Conference Registration Deadline (presenters must register by the Early Bird to be scheduled).
Further information: AAACE Annual Conference website...
Nike air jordan Sneakers | NIKE HOMME