Please join the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine as we convene a 2-day national summit on Addressing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in 21st Century STEMM Organizations.
The summit will highlight how racism operates at different levels in science, technology, engineering, math, and medicine (STEMM) settings.
*** THIS IS AN ONLINE EVENT ***
We look forward to your participation as we:
- Discuss policies, strategies, and practices for confronting systemic racism
- Identify ways to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion in STEMM settings
- Recognize the effect of systemic racism on the careers of individuals belonging to racial and ethnic groups historically underrepresented in the STEMM workforce
Keynote speakers and summit agenda will be displayed on our project website once available.
Organizer of Addressing Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Anti-Racism in 21st Century STEMM
- What is the best way to measure levels of poverty in the United States?
- How do parents, teachers, and policymakers know how well students are learning?
- How can the public participate most effectively in decision-making about the environment?
- Why does life expectancy differ greatly among high-income countries, and how can the answer to that question help increase the life expectancy of Americans in the future?