This session is for adult educators who have experienced teaching to students living with trauma and PTSD.
Share your experience
This second discussion session of the year is to gather further experiences and professional insights from adult educators to assist in building stronger resources for teachers and the VET sector.
The discussion will explore:
- students with trauma/PTSD and the statistics of these students not completing adult learning goals when unsupported with their mental health
- the links between positive outcomes for adult learners and supporting their mental health in adult learning environments
- the role of teachers in identifying mental health needs in students
- successful approaches from community colleges in California and Kings College London
- resources and support mechanisms.
If you attended the first session we encourage you to join us again or if this is your first attendance we welcome your insights.
Bettina Twyman is Reconnect Coordinator at Yarraville Community Centre and 2020 VET & ISS Institute Fellow.
Bettina’s Fellowship centres on building a toolkit of supports and resources for VET practitioners, caseworkers, and teachers in the adult learning sector who support adult learners who have experienced trauma and PTSD.
When: Wednesday 21st April
Time: 11.00am - 12.00pm (AEST)
Duration: 1 hr
Cost: FREE for ALA members and associate members.
Non-members are $50, payable online.
Not a member?
We would love to have you onboard! Join us today for free access to all upcoming and archived professional development sessions.
You can read all about the perks of being a member here.