On October 1-2, 2021, the CACE Assembly Beyond Borders will take place. We heartily invite you to participate in this event either on-site in Austria at the University for Continuing Education in Krems (provided that the circumstances allow it) or virtually.
Please save the date and register online. You can register for one or both days. Also, please feel free to share the event with your network.
Further, we ask—if interested—for your active contribution ("Call for Ideas").
For more details, please see below.
Assembly Beyond Borders
We will discuss and share project ideas, new developments, and research findings beyond borders at this two-day event. Further, keynote speakers (TBA) will share interesting findings, best-practice examples and talk about challenges.
The thematic focus is on topics prioritized by CACE's founding members:
- Visionary ideas on the future of academic continuing education
- Flexible curricula and individual learning paths in academic continuing education
- The role of culture and internationalization in academic continuing education
- Curation and quality assurance in academic continuing education
- Ecosystem challenges and financial aspects of academic continuing education
We will publish a detailed schedule of the event soon online.
Call for Ideas
If you are an academic or a practitioner, we invite you to submit your ideas on the topics as mentioned above until September 9, 2021. Please see the attached file for more details.
Please feel free to share the call with your network.
In December 2020, CACE (short for "Crossroads in Academic Continuing Education"), a transdisciplinary think tank that connects international academics, experts, and visionaries discussing the future of academic continuing education, was founded.
The founding members include:
- Urs Gasser (Harvard University, USA)
- Ada Pellert (FernUniversität Hagen, Germany)
- Jonathan Michie (Oxford University, UK)
- Adrian Stokes (Oxford University, UK)
- Yhong Zhang (East China Normal University, Shanghai, China)
- Freitag Walburga (German Centre for Higher Education Research and Science Studies, Germany)
- Eugénia Pereira (University of Aveiro, Portugal)
- Wolfgang Jütte (Bielefeld University, Germany)
- Németh Balázs Bánk (European University Continuing Education Network, EU)
- Miriam Meckel (ada Learning GmbH, Germany)
- Friedrich Faulhammer (University for Continuing Education Krems, Austria)
- Thomas Ratka (University for Continuing Education Krems, Austria)
- Peter Parycek (University for Continuing Education Krems, Austria)
- Stefan Oppl (University for Continuing Education Krems, Austria)
- Attila Pausits (University for Continuing Education Krems, Austria)
- Günther Burkert (University for Continuing Education Krems, Austria)
- Christina Hell (University for Continuing Education Krems, Austria)
We are happy to discuss any further details. Please feel free to reach out to us.