The event will explore approaches for ensuring the higher education sector is accessible and responsive to the needs of adult learners. Keynotes from Michelle Donelan MP, Minister of State for Universities and Lord Bilimoria of Chelsea CBE DL will consider what the government’s new lifelong learning policy means for adult learners and how higher education and industry working together can develop a workforce for the future. We will also be looking at the impact of COVID-19 on these students.
These presentations will be followed by a panel discussion and audience Q&A on ‘what opportunities and challenges do universities, colleges, employers and local communities face in improving access to higher education for adult learners?’.
Confirmed panellists include:
- Jo Barlow, writer and part-time mature student. OfS panel member
- Professor Elizabeth Johnson, deputy vice-chancellor education, Deakin University Australia
- Professor Claire Callender, professor of higher education policy, deputy director of the Centre for Global Higher Education
- Professor Wendy Reid, director of education and quality, Medical Director, Health Education England
- Lopa Patel, chair, Diversity UK.
The panel will be chaired by Brooke Storer-Church, head of skills, OfS.
The event will conclude with a keynote from Chris Millward, Director for Fair Access and Participation at the OfS, to reflect on how the OfS is using its regulatory powers and functions to address the decline in adult learner participation and the opportunities that lie ahead.
Who should attend?
The event is free of charge and open to anyone with an interest in higher education including providers, representative bodies, student and student representatives, academics, researchers and the media.
How to register
Registration in advance is required to watch this event live:
best Running shoes | ナイキ エア マックス エクシー "コルク/ホワイト" (NIKE AIR MAX EXCEE "Cork/White") [DJ1975-100] , Fullress , スニーカー発売日 抽選情報 ニュースを掲載！ナイキ ジョーダン ダンク シュプリーム SUPREME 等のファッション情報を配信！