Opening Educational Practices in Scotland - open advisory forum The OEPS project has a focus on open education in the context of widening participation and transitions and we are very keen to have a broad range of participants at the event. It should also be of interest to anyone interested in learning and teaching and curriculum development.
As part of its mission to facilitate best practice in Scottish open education, Opening Educational Practices Scotland (OEPS) is holding its second Advisory Forum on Thursday 19th March 2015. The project launch and first forum was held in October, and future forums are planned every 6 months.
The purpose of the Forum is:
- To explore the latest developments in open educational practice and pedagogy;
- To provide insight into practical ways to get started, deepen or enhance your understanding of OEP;
- To share the project’s progress, plans and findings;
- To explore how OEPS can help you and your organisation - and how to get involved in the project;
- To enable participants to build their own network of open educational practitioners.
We do this by:
- Bringing together leading practitioners;
- Providing workshops on leading edge topics as well as introductory sessions for those new to OEP;
- Encouraging groups from organisations to come to the forum to learn together;
- Building time into the programme for participants to network;
- Facilitating sessions where the project can learn from participants’ knowledge and experience.
The event will be held on Thursday 19th March (9:30 am – 3:30 pm) (lunch will be provided between 12:15-13:00) at the Stirling Court Hotel, University of Stirling, Stirling FK9 4LA To register for this event and more information about our keynote address and parallel workshops, please visit our event on EventBrite by clicking on this link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/oeps-advisory-forum-tickets-15748507209
Please feel free to circulate the information about this event to anyone who might be interested.
The event is free. Should you require overnight accommodation, Stirling Court Hotel is offering a reduced rate for Advisory Forum attendants at £59.00 per person per night, based on single occupancy of a double en-suite room with breakfast. To book a room, please call Stirling Court Hotel on 01786 451666 or email [email protected] and quote reference number 121111.
Pete Cannell, Co-Director Opening Educational Practices in Scotland project
The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302). The Open University is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.best Running shoes brand | Concepts Nike Kyrie 7 Horus CT1135-900 Release Date - SBD