The University of Glasgow has advertised a position for Lecturer in Technology Education, vacancy reference: 019227:
Lecturer in Technology Education
- Reference Number: 019227
- Location: Gilmorehill Campus / Main Building
- College / Service: COLLEGE OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Department: SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
- Job Family: Research And Teaching
- Position Type: Full Time
- Salary Range: £42,418 - £49,149
To contribute to the delivery of an excellent student experience by delivering, organising and reviewing teaching, assessment and administration processes associated with undergraduate and postgraduate programmes and to undertake scholarship to enhance learning and teaching in the School of Education specifically in the area of B. Tech Ed.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Make a substantial contribution to delivering and leading a range of teaching, supervision and assessment activities, across undergraduate and postgraduate programmes within the School of Education.
- Carry out course administration within required timescales ensuring effective communication of information, in particular assessment requirements and criteria and timely and constructive feedback on assessment.
- Take a lead in the on-going development and design of the curriculum in a manner that supports a research-led and scholarly approach to student learning and assessment.
- Develop effective approaches to the use of learning technologies to support and enhance course delivery, course organisation, feedback and assessment. This may involve blended and/or online provision.
- Ensure an inclusive and evidence-based approach to facilitating learning in a range of face to face and potentially online delivery formats such as tutorials, lectures, problem based learning, that promotes student participation and learning outcome attainment.
- Develop effective working relationships with students and, in partnership with relevant student services teams, respond appropriately to the diverse range of learning approaches and learner needs.
- Develop a growing portfolio of scholarship outputs and activities by undertaking methodologically rigorous, educationally relevant, enquiries into student learning and disseminate evidence to enhance your own, and potentially others’, teaching practices. Attend and participate in appropriate seminars and conferences to support research-led teaching and scholarship in your disciplinary and/or professional area.
- Develop relationships with external stakeholders in support of knowledge exchange, public understanding and appropriate forms of outreach such as widening access. This will involve working with external partners, such as Local Authorities, schools and the GTCS
- Participate in local orientation and induction and other School and University initiatives such as support for student transitions, employability and student mobility as appropriate. Contribute to the School’s widening participation agenda, working with external stakeholders.
- Engage in continuing professional development activities as appropriate.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required by the Head of School.
- To contribute to the enhancement of the University’s international profile in line with the University’s Strategic Plan, Inspiring People Changing The World.
For further details, the relevant link on the University of Glasgow website is https://www.gla.ac.uk/it/iframe/jobs/ (enter reference 019227)
Applications are due by: 14 January 2018
Interviews will be held on 6 February 2018.
Buy Kicks | Men's Sneakers