We are delighted to announce that the Launch of Research Network 7 Non-formal and Informal Learning will be held next week on the 14th June along with the RN7 Webinar on 'The role of community learning centers across Asia and Europe'.
Date: June 14, 2023
Time: 1PM-2.15PM Irish time (GMT+1)
Registration link: Webinar Registration - Zoom
In this captivating webinar, we will embark on a virtual journey, exploring the vibrant tapestry of community learning centers across diverse regions. Whether you are an educator, a student, a community leader, or simply curious about global learning initiatives, this event promises to expand your horizons and ignite your passion for lifelong learning.
- Juvy Lizette Gervacio - Asst. Prof. and MPM Program Chair Faculty of Management and Development Studies, The Philippines
- Brikena Xhomaqi – Director Lifelong Learning Platform - European Civil Society for Education
- Professor Paul Downes - Professor of Psychology of Education, Director, Educational Disadvantage Centre – Ireland
- Dr. Siobhan O'Reilly - CEO of Familibase – Ireland
- Elaine Davis - Co-Ordinator of the Coolock/Kilbarrack/Darndale Community Lifelong learning Hub – Ireland
- Irene Psifidou – Lead of the Agency’s team on “VET for Youth - Teachers and trainers”, at Cedefop’s department for “VET and Skills” - Greece
- Tarra Ann M. Pagdanganan - Officer-in-Charge of City of Balanga's City Education and Excellence Development Office (CEEDO) - The Philippines
- Prof. Sumalee Sungri – Professor at Sukhothai Thammathirat Open University - Thailand
- Key Features of Community Lifelong Learning Centres for Assertive Outreach to Marginalised Groups: Two Irish Examples
- Familibase Ballyfermot
- Centre's University Outreach Hubs to Promote Access to University in areas of high poverty
- Multidisciplinary intervention approaches for early leavers and NEETs
- The case of Balanga
- Non-formal and Informal Education for people in rural area of Thailand: The case of Bann Pueng, Nakhon Panom province
Why Attend? By attending this webinar, you will:
- Gain valuable insights into the innovative practices of community learning centers.
- Discover inspiring success stories from diverse communities and cultures.
- Understand the role of education in fostering social cohesion and sustainable development.
- Connect with a global network of educators and change-makers passionate about community learning.
- Find inspiration to implement similar initiatives in your own local context.
The ASEM LLL Hub, established in 2005, is an official network of Asian and European higher education institutions, working and learning together to achieve excellence in comparative research on lifelong learning, to offer research-based education policy recommendation, and to develop mutual understanding between Asia and Europe This Webinar will be the Launch of Research Network 7 - Informal and Non-formal Learning. The Informal and Non-Formal Research Network Group is a collaborative community of researchers dedicated to advancing knowledge in informal and non-formal learning.
We explore learning outside formal institutions, investigate motivation and engagement, and examine social and cultural aspects. Our research informs policies, practices, and promotes lifelong learning. Join us in advancing understanding and contributing to our mission.