Building on our team’s ESRC-IAA project ‘Towards maximising international PhD students’ experience in the UK’ and with additional funding from the UK Council for Graduate Education; a team from the School of Education at the University of Glasgow organised an event entitled ‘Enhancing the Student Experience for International Doctoral Students’ in Glasgow on Tuesday 28th November 2017.
- Professor Sheila Trahar (University of Bristol) – A Fruitful Doctoral Experience? Developing a Learning Alliance with Doctoral Researchers
- Mr Apiwat Moolnangdaew (MRC of Genetics & Molecular Medicine, University of Edinburgh) – New postgraduate students’ experience: A new beginning
- Dr Rob Daley (Heriot Watt University) – Supporting International Research Students: reflections on some pieces of the puzzle!
- Dr Ramona Blanes & Dr Oleksandra Pasternak (Adam Smith Business School, University of Glasgow) – Two Routes to International PhD
Participants included representatives from the following organisations:
Delegates’ perspectives were sought on:
- Guidelines for supervisors to enhance international PGR learners experience,
- Guidelines for international doctoral researchers to enhance their own experience,
- Guidelines for researcher training managers or researcher development coordinators to enhance international PGR learners experience, and
- HE institutional-level provisions and role of other UK organisations in supporting HEIs in their efforts.
The synthesised messages obtained from these discussions are now available below.
School of Education research team:
Dr Dely L Elliot, Dr Muir Houston, Dr Kara Makara, Dr Kate Reid and Dr Catherine Lidospy offers | Women's Nike Air Jordan 1 trainers - Latest Releases , Ietp
- Log in to post comments